Ground Meat Marathon

Night 4 of my Ground Meat Marathon:

More meatballs! This time, I made Stroganoff Meatballs. Just the normal meatball mix: a couple of tablespoons of finely minced onion, a good handful of bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and an egg to glue it all together. I usually bake meatballs instead of pan frying. I'm lazy that way.

While they brown in the oven, I saute a couple of finely minced shallots in butter. Real butter. It just goes better with the sour cream that's going to show up later. Once the shallots are lovely and translucent and fragrant, I throw in a couple tablespoons of flour to make a shallot-laced roux. To this I add a cup of milk and cook, stirring, until it thickens. Add about 1/4 cup of grated parmesan and a tablespoon of parsley.

Meanwhile, I cook a package of egg noodles, according to the directions. When the meatballs are brown and the noodles are done, I had a cup of sour cream to the milk-shallot mixture. Just bring this up to hot but don't let it boil or your whole dinner is going to collapse before your very eyes. It ain't pretty if that happens, I'm warning you. When your sauce is hot, add the meatballs, give it a righteous stir and pour this over your drained egg-noodles.

Elk-Meatballs in Stroganoff over noodles.  Achtung!

********************

Comments

Popular Posts