Ground Meat Marathon

TACOS! 

Browned meat, a tablespoon of finely chopped onion, one chipotle pepper, a can of diced tomatoes with green chilis, a pinch of cumin. I'm probably going to some kind of culinary hell for this, but I do use a little butter when I brown the meat. Oh, quit yelling!  Elk meat is SO lean that if I don't add a smidgeon of fat, it even sticks to my non-stick skillet. 

I drizzled a little red chili oil over corn tortillas and baked them until they were slightly crisp.  Made guacamole, shredded some cabbage and grated some cheese. Throw on a little salsa verde. Yes, I use cabbage on tacos and tostados.  It's more traditional, yes, but more importantly, it agrees with my digestion better. Is that weird? For some reason, raw lettuce just TEARS me up, but cabbage is fine. Go figure.

We can't agree in my house. We have the flour-tortilla followers, and the corn-tortilla followers. I'm a corn girl. 

And there you have it.  Night 3 in my Ground Meat Marathon.

Comments

Popular Posts