Blessings

Years ago an email crossed my desk about finding blessings. It was about being grateful to have a sinkful of dirty dishes, because that meant you'd enjoyed the blessing of plenty to eat. Be grateful for the mountain of laundry; it means you have plenty of clothing and loved ones to make them dirty. And so on.

The water heater isn't working, but I'm not upset. The water was still warm enough this morning that my shower wasn't a shock. The plumber came over right away. Plus he is someone I have known since high school so I didn't have to stay and keep an eye on him. You always hear about repairmen helping themselves to coffee, beer or panty drawers. My plumber friend would never. He would be welcome to coffee or beer, but my panty drawer is my own business.

I did, however, have to give him the secret password for the dogs. A stranger coming out of the garage might alarm them, so I told him how to pacify them. All you have to say is, "Get the ball!" and you're in the club. Don't tell anyone. I don't want the bad guys to know how to disarm the dogs.

Comments

Popular Posts