Wine to Try - Bolla Sangiovese



Yesterday, we talked about a yummy white wine that I rated as a Guzzle. Today, let's talk about a luscious red. It's practically winter, and having a good elk stew, homemade bread and nice red wine makes me feel warmer. Or something.

I've tried a few different vintners' version of this, but the one I'm talking about today is a nice, affordable wine that I think is just delicious.

This is Bolla Sangiovese de Romagna. I can buy it at the local grocer at a price that doesn't make me have to choose between dinner and wine. That's a good price point.

Sangiovese is, IMHO, a nice, soft kind of red. I really enjoy it with hearty food, pasta in marinara sauce or with a rich beef barley soup. I think it would pair nicely with music from Etta James and Muddy Waters and necking in front of a roaring fire. I'll have to try that. I HAVE tried it with sitting in the hot tub and listening to Frank Sinatra sing "Fly Me To The Moon" and I must say, that was a very nice pairing.

I'm rating Bolla Sangiovese a full-on SIP. Very nice, sexy wine that will make you feel malto bella, or bello, as the case may be. Throw on a fabulous Audrey Hepburn style dress and some killer stilettos, and sip away.












My disclaimer:
Bear in mind that no one connected with any of the wineries I might mention here knows who I am. Of course, if they appreciate what I have to say and want to forward along cases of wine, I won't mind. I won't hold my breath, waiting for that day, either. :-)

My rating system:
Sip: a nice wine, goes deliciously with (or IN) food. I enjoyed it.
Guzzle: my idea of a nice sociable wine. The kind of thing I am happy to drink out of cheap plastic cups, sitting around the campfire, or out of a cool stemless glass while enjoying the company of someone I care about.
White Elephant: it isn't like drinking kerosene, exactly, but does not suit my taste. I'll pass it along to someone who might like it. This rating will mean more to you if you agree with my Sip and Guzzle ratings!
Drain-O: this stuff could hurt someone, so I'll send it to the wastewater treatment plant, via the kitchen drain. Maybe it will disinfect the p-trap, while it's in there.

Comments

Popular Posts