Wine to Try - Ironstone Obsession

I thought I might have a little fun and start posting some suggestions for wines to try. I am not, repeat NOT!, a wine connoisseur by any measure. I couldn't describe bouquet or the "hint of apricot, underscored with the bark of a baobab tree" kind of stuff at all. I prefer sweeter wines most of the time, but I enjoy a nice dry wine at times, too.

Bear in mind that no one connected with any of the wineries I might mention here knows who I am. Of course, if they appreciate what I have to say and want to forward along cases of wine, I won't mind. I won't hold my breath, waiting for that day, either. :-)

I can only tell you what I think by my own measure: is it for sipping with dinner, plain guzzling, or the kind of wine you leave in the refrigerator until someone comes along who might like it better than you do? So for ease of rating, in case this turns out to be a regular thing, my rating system will be Sip, Guzzle, White Elephant. Drain-O.

Sip: a nice wine, goes deliciously with (or IN) food. I enjoyed it.
Guzzle: my idea of a nice sociable wine. The kind of thing I am happy to drink out of cheap plastic cups, sitting around the campfire, or out of a cool stemless glass while enjoying the company of someone I care about.
White Elephant: it isn't like drinking kerosene, exactly, but does not suit my taste. I'll pass it along to someone who might like it. This rating will mean more to you if you agree with my Sip and Guzzle ratings!
Drain-O: this stuff could hurt someone, so I'll send it to the wastewater treatment plant, via the kitchen drain. Maybe it will disinfect the p-trap, while it's in there.

So let's talk about this one:
Ironstone Vineyards Obsession. It's a Symphony wine. Our precious Montana friends introduced us to this one and I've loved it ever since. "Obsession" is a good name, IMHO, because I think this wine is a little perfumey and sexy. Pair it with silk lingerie, good music and someone you lust love. Well, lust is good, too. All in all, I'd call this a Guzzle.



Comments

Popular Posts