Wine to Try -- 14 Hands Hot to Trot

Not only do I encourage you to try Hot to Trot, by 14 Hands, I encourage you to try it exactly this way: Sitting outside on a crisp fall evening, by a nice fire, with someone you love, while two dogs try to stare you into giving them some of your dinner.

We had grilled chicken thighs, homemade macaroni and cheese and some pinto beans in some crazy sauce I made up. Since I do not believe that you only drink red wine with red meat (I'm a change it up kind of gal, after all), I thought this was delicious with the smoky flavor of the grilled chicken and tangy, crazy beans. And of course, what DOESN'T go with homemade macaroni and cheese? Oh, yeah. Lactose intolerance doesn't go with it. But that's for another post. I baked the mac and cheese with a buttered bread crumb topping so that added another layer of flavor and the whole dinner was pretty freakin' awesome, if I do say so myself. 

On a cool fall evening, a rich, warm red is a lovely treat and Hot to Trot totally fits that bill. Being somewhat shorter than average, I also appreciate it that the winery is 14 Hands, which is a bit shorter than average for a horse. You have to look for these meaninglessful connections in life, you know? 

I would rate this one something between a Sip and a Guzzle. A Suzzle? It's too rich to guzzle, in my opinion, but too nice to merely sip. It would be just as wonderful to enjoy this sitting around listening to bluesy music and discussing literature as it was to drink around an open fire and watch the colors of the lake deepen as night approached.

Cheers!


My disclaimer:
Bear in mind that no one connected with any of the wineries I might mention here knows who I am. Of course, if they appreciate what I have to say and want to forward along cases of wine, I won't mind. I won't hold my breath, waiting for that day, either. :-)

My rating system:
Sip: a nice wine, goes deliciously with (or IN) food. I enjoyed it.
Guzzle: my idea of a nice sociable wine. The kind of thing I am happy to drink out of cheap plastic cups, sitting around the campfire, or out of a cool stemless glass while enjoying the company of someone I care about.
White Elephant: it isn't like drinking kerosene, exactly, but does not suit my taste. I'll pass it along to someone who might like it. This rating will mean more to you if you agree with my Sip and Guzzle ratings!
Drain-O: this stuff could hurt someone, so I'll send it to the wastewater treatment plant, via the kitchen drain. Maybe it will disinfect the p-trap, while it's in there


Comments

Popular Posts