10 Days to a Change

Are you up for a challenge?

A really tough challenge?

I'm going to try this myself and I challenge you to join me. Starting tomorrow, July 30, and all the way through the time my head hits the pillow at night on August 9...I am going to speak only good words to myself and to others.

No negative self talk, even if I do get another zit the size of Ohio. No chastising myself for being gooshy, which will be a challenge since it IS swimsuit weather.

No whining about people that annoy me. No mumblings about bad drivers, rude people, spoiled kids or even about politicians (lord help me...).

My words to my loved ones will only be words of encouragement, not criticism.
My words to my self will only be words of encouragement, not criticism.
My words to the world will only be words of encouragement.

I firmly believe that the way we talk becomes the way we believe. If we allow ourselves to get drawn into office bitch sessions and armchair activism, we gradually begin to focus on the down side of things until the whole world looks gray. I also believe that focusing on the positive encourages more positives to grow, until it becomes your default state.

If you want to play along, I'd love for you to leave a comment and let me know how you do. And I'll be posting updates over the next 10 days. Meanwhile, I have only about 12 hours to get all my whining out of my system so I better get going. :-)

************

Comments

Popular Posts