Minimally Me

I hate clutter.

It collects slowly, growing into little piles of crap here and there, like some kind of creepy mold. Papers, junk mail that needs to be shredded, some bric-a-brac that some well-meaning person gave me. I try to have a place for everything and everything in its place. But honestly. WHERE is the right place of a 1910 toy wagon?

It builds up on me, too. I walk around in my day, knowing that there is a pile of crap at home that needs to be faced. So I get frustrated. I put on my big-girl panties and then I get RUTHLESS. The next thing I know, I have sorted out a bunch of things to get rid of.

Then it happens. Something. Some little something will trigger my sentimental streak and the whole process comes to a screeching halt. My clutter-busting train is derailed while I slowly consider all the memories associated with that....whatever it is.

Sunday, it was a little silver-plated jewelry box my Grandma gave me years ago. I don't need it. I don't really have a place for it. But how do I get rid of it?

Comments

Popular Posts