10 Things You Can Do Today To Sweeten Your Marriage


Pick one, pick five or try all ten. I don't care. 
  1. Put down your phone, your laptop, your tablet and the remote... and talk to each other.
  2. Wear something your honey thinks is sexy. 
  3. Whoever is home first, greet the other one at the door when they get home. Yes, get up off your hind end, walk to the door as they enter and kiss them like you mean it.
  4. Spend the time it takes you to drive home thinking about all the things you love about your spouse. If the thoughts that start, "if only...." stray into your brain, push them away and focus on the good things.
  5. Send your honey a naughty text message in the middle of the day. Pictures are good. Just ask ScarJo.
  6. Remember your manners. "Thank you, dear," is a great place to start. 
  7. Do something you've never done before. Something unexpected. Something sexy! Something fun! 
  8. Press "pause" on the mental high-speed to-do list you're playing in your mind and really LISTEN when they talk. Look at him, focus your mind on what he's saying and listen.
  9. Do something indulgent together. Whether it's sharing a box of good chocolate and a bottle of wine, or taking a bath together, take a little break from your hectic life and take it together.
  10. Hold your tongue for a while. If you're tempted to criticize, whine, bitch, moan, complain... just hold it for a while. Remember how it works when you stub your toe and you have to hop around, gritting your teeth, until the pain passes? Try doing that for a bit with your complaints. Especially if your complaint is ABOUT the other person. Try walking it off and see if doesn't just go away on its own.

Comments

  1. This is awesome. I really love this list- I may print it off. Honestly, just the first idea about the screen time is a huge one! No phones, Kindles, laptops, after 5 pm! I like the last one, too, a challenging one for me. I actually wrote a whole post about my tendency to have double standards in my marriage, i.e. "Don't load the dishwasher that way!"

    Thanks for some great reminders! TALU :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you! And thanks for visiting me today. I think we all do that dishwasher thing, at least, we do until we stop! :D Maybe you'll like a post I wrote a while back to a someday daughter-in-law:

      http://contemplatinghappiness.blogspot.com/2011/08/letter-to-my-someday-daughters-in-law.html

      Delete
  2. Very good tips. I do #4 often. Thanks for sharing this post on TALU this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Do more of #5, too...it works wonders! :-P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit me! I truly appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts