- I miss being able to drink chocolate milk. Being lactose-intolerant...I can live without cheese pizza and ice cream, but I sure do miss chocolate milk.
- I am the youngest grandchild on my paternal side.
- My first car was an olive green Plymouth Volare station wagon. I know, huh? I recovered from that unfortunate beginning with the help of minimal therapy and more horsepower.
- My mother sometimes forgets my name. I think this is because I am the youngest. But I can't prove it. And no, it isn't her old age...she's been doing that for... always.
- Red licorice is gross.
- I have two middle names.
- I was rejected for kindergarten. That's right. They wouldn't take me. I had to wait a year and start with first grade. I still feel cheated. And I never learned how to share.
- The first pet of my own I ever had was a yellow parakeet I named "Buttercup".
- I shot a bison. And ate it, too. It only took me a moment to shoot it, but it sure takes a long time to eat one.
- My Dad used to take me fishing.
- My husband used to take me fishing. Do you see a trend forming here?
- I have moved or been moved 11 times in my life.
- I was fired from my very first job, as a typesetter at the local newspaper.
- I was a stay-at-home mom for almost 10 years.
- I don't know how to swim. Or ski, or play tennis, or golf, or rollerskate, or play volleyball or....
- My hair color is natural. Nobody would choose this color on their own, I promise.
- I weigh more now than I ever have, except for when I was pregnant.
- Dogs belong to the order Canidae and the platypus belongs to the order Monotremata.
- My car is pretty fast.
- I make amazing chicken tetrazzini, but my chili will kill you. Or at least, wound you.
- My ancestry includes Dutch, Belgian, German and French. 75% Dutch and the other quarter is a little bit of the rest of those. I guess it is only natural that I like Dutch chocolate, Belgian endive, German bratwurst and French wine?
- I am still a little bit afraid of dogs.
- I have cooked Thanksgiving dinner 21 times. In a few weeks, it will be 22.
- When I was about ten, I accidentally found my Christmas presents where Mom had hidden them. It RUINED Christmas for me. It really was an accident, but I've never forgotten it. I never try to find out what a gift is ahead of time now.
- I miss my Dad and my Grandmas.
You Might Not Know...
Just for fun, I thought I'd post some things you might not know about me.
Oh, Alita! What can I say? We've known eachother for so many years! Alita and I became acquainted first because our husbands worked to...
To quote a friend, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I've been given an award! The Sarcasm Goddess has bestowed upon me the V...
OK, so I went a little bonkers in the garden and am sure I overplanted it. If half of what I planted actually grows, it will be a jungle out...
Yesterday, a dear friend said that she wanted to be just like me when she grows up. I, on the other hand, find myself striving to be more l...