Pieces of Happiness

I realize how silly this sounds, but I rather enjoy how hard it is to get out of bed this time of year. There is something very pleasant about "sleeping weather" so good that you have to force yourself to get up. The room is very cool and the light is dim. My blankets are heavy and soft: always the best way to sleep. Since my dear honey is an early riser, there is usually the smell of coffee in the house. Hitting the snooze one more time is a treat in the autumn.




My grandma always told me that happiness is something you make for yourself. It doesn't happen to you, no one can make you become a happier person. You have to create it for yourself from the bits and pieces that make up your life. I think she was absolutely right. If I sat around waiting for something to happen that would make me happy, I'd be moving backwards. All I have to do is take a good look at every day, and I find all the building blocks I need.

 

I love each season in its turn. Right now I revel in the arrival of autumn. I'll enjoy winter just as much when it begins.

Comments

Popular Posts