How Would You Feel?

I have decided I am guilty of a sin. At the very least, I haven't been kind.

All this time, I've been whining about Monday. I wake up on Monday morning and groan. "Oh, no. Another Monday." I've even been heard to say (out loud, even!), "Monday bites."

Poor Monday. Unloved. Mistrusted and unappreciated. Does anybody ever say, "Monday is my favorite day of the week"? No. I'm just as guilty of this as anyone, if not worse. But I have seen the error of my ways and I am rethinking Monday.

How could we ever have a happy Monday if all we do is insult it? From here on out, I'm going to tell Monday it's a good little day. I'm going to admire Monday just like I admire Friday. Monday shouldn't have to be the redheaded stepchild.

The reason Monday is different than the other six days is that it marks the time of the week which doesn't belong to me. OK, I like "me" time. But I also like my job, and let me tell you: my job is a blessing. I'm going to start treating Monday like the first day of a blessing.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts