Wine to Try - Fetzer Gewurtztraminer


It's another very-affordable and charming white! Oh, please, reader....run right out, buy six beautifully ripe peaches, a bit of really good dark chocolate, some nice Edam cheese and a bottle of Fetzer Gewurtztraminer!



Gewurtztraminer is a sweet white wine and a very difficult word to type. There is a distinct advantage in serving it, though, because you sound exactly the same when you pronounce the name, whether you haven't opened the bottle yet or if you've already polished off one and are starting a second. (Purely speculation, of course...)

I'd consider this a full Guzzle. Sweet without making me feel like diabetes is tapping me on the shoulder with every sip, I think it's a wonderful wine for anytime and ideal for autumn. Maybe if I start drinking it now, I can hurry the autumn and be done with the hot summer?

My disclaimer:
Bear in mind that no one connected with any of the wineries I might mention here knows who I am. Of course, if they appreciate what I have to say and want to forward along cases of wine, I won't mind. I won't hold my breath, waiting for that day, either. :-)

My rating system:
Sip: a nice wine, goes deliciously with (or IN) food. I enjoyed it.
Guzzle: my idea of a nice sociable wine. The kind of thing I am happy to drink out of cheap plastic cups, sitting around the campfire, or out of a cool stemless glass while enjoying the company of someone I care about.
White Elephant: it isn't like drinking kerosene, exactly, but does not suit my taste. I'll pass it along to someone who might like it. This rating will mean more to you if you agree with my Sip and Guzzle ratings!
Drain-O: this stuff could hurt someone, so I'll send it to the wastewater treatment plant, via the kitchen drain. Maybe it will disinfect the p-trap, while it's in there
.


Comments

Popular Posts