- Beautiful Christmas trees.
- Real PEPPERMINT candy canes.
- The Vienna Boys Choir singing Adeste Fideles, Ave Maria, Pie Jesu and Veni, Veni Emanuel.
- Sitting down to a Christmas feast with the men I love the best in the world.
- Snow on Christmas morning. (a rare treat here)
- Hot cocoa with a shot of schnapps...I only indulge in that during the holidays. (Zits, you know?)
- The original cartoon version of Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", with Boris Karloff narrating. You just can't beat that one.
- I love the old holiday movies, too. "It's a Wonderful Life", "Holiday Inn", "White Christmas"... pure gold. Netflix? Are you listening???
- The real, genuine, double-rectified Christmas SPIRIT. Hard to find, but a true joy when you do.
Ten Christmas Favorites
There's a lot about the state of Christmas today that I don't love, I'm sorry to say. But there is still much to love. Here are ten things I love, in no particular order: