Ten Christmas Favorites

There's a lot about the state of Christmas today that I don't love, I'm sorry to say. But there is still much to love. Here are ten things I love, in no particular order:
  1. Beautiful Christmas trees.
  2. Real PEPPERMINT candy canes.
  3. The Vienna Boys Choir singing Adeste Fideles, Ave Maria, Pie Jesu and Veni, Veni Emanuel.
  4. Fudge.
  5. Sitting down to a Christmas feast with the men I love the best in the world.
  6. Snow on Christmas morning. (a rare treat here)
  7. Hot cocoa with a shot of schnapps...I only indulge in that during the holidays. (Zits, you know?)
  8. The original cartoon version of Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", with Boris Karloff narrating. You just can't beat that one.
  9. I love the old holiday movies, too. "It's a Wonderful Life", "Holiday Inn", "White Christmas"... pure gold. Netflix? Are you listening???
  10. The real, genuine, double-rectified Christmas SPIRIT. Hard to find, but a true joy when you do.

Comments

Popular Posts