- Beautiful Christmas trees.
- Real PEPPERMINT candy canes.
- The Vienna Boys Choir singing Adeste Fideles, Ave Maria, Pie Jesu and Veni, Veni Emanuel.
- Sitting down to a Christmas feast with the men I love the best in the world.
- Snow on Christmas morning. (a rare treat here)
- Hot cocoa with a shot of schnapps...I only indulge in that during the holidays. (Zits, you know?)
- The original cartoon version of Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", with Boris Karloff narrating. You just can't beat that one.
- I love the old holiday movies, too. "It's a Wonderful Life", "Holiday Inn", "White Christmas"... pure gold. Netflix? Are you listening???
- The real, genuine, double-rectified Christmas SPIRIT. Hard to find, but a true joy when you do.
Ten Christmas Favorites
There's a lot about the state of Christmas today that I don't love, I'm sorry to say. But there is still much to love. Here are ten things I love, in no particular order:
Oh, Alita! What can I say? We've known eachother for so many years! Alita and I became acquainted first because our husbands worked to...
To quote a friend, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I've been given an award! The Sarcasm Goddess has bestowed upon me the V...
OK, so I went a little bonkers in the garden and am sure I overplanted it. If half of what I planted actually grows, it will be a jungle out...
Yesterday, a dear friend said that she wanted to be just like me when she grows up. I, on the other hand, find myself striving to be more l...