Mom Years Are Like Dog Years

They say that every calendar year for us is seven years in "dog years". I'm sure you've heard that. Your dog is ten years old? That's seventy years in dog years. OK, we all get that.

The effect of having children should be measured the same way.

For every child you have, you should:
  • Add six years to the age of your bladder.
  • Subtract twenty I.Q. points.
  • Add six ounces of wine to your recommended daily consumption.
  • Add 500 calories (preferably in chocolate) to your daily diet.
  • Lower the altitude of your ta-tas by 12 degrees.
  • Add 10 gray hairs, compounded annually, until they reach adolescence, and then increase the gray hair exponentially until your children have grandchildren of their own.
  • Subtract 5% of your patience quotient.
  • Forget 15% of what you learned in school. (To be demonstrated when you help them with their homework.)
  • Subtract 10% from your financial stability.
  • Increase your sleep requirement by one hour.
  • Add 2 more cups of coffee to your morning, just to get you started.
  • Subtract 5 opportunities for lovemaking with your honey every day. But don't worry, because those opportunities just go into a savings account for when you're empty nesters.
  • Most of all, increase your amazingness by 500%, because we all know that Moms RULE and Dads are pretty cool, too.


Comments

  1. Truer words were never written - thanks for the smile on my face! (Found you on TALU!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for visiting me this afternoon!

      Delete
  2. Whew, I'm sure glad you wrote that last statement. As a mom of 5, I was starting to feel really old reading your list! :-)

    Another visitor from TALU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How amazing you must be! 500% compounded per child? Mathematicians out there? Anyone? :D

      Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  3. THIS IS AMAZING! as a new(er) mom, I really appreciate #1. or I don't appreciate it, depending on how you look at it! Also, my first gray hair appeared very early in my pregnancy. NICE.

    TALU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As an old(er) mom, I'm just discovering that second-to-the-last one. :D

      Thanks for stopping by to visit!

      Delete
  4. Ha! Great post! Couldn't agree more! (TALU)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So much fun to write. :D Thanks for coming by today!

      Delete
  5. Very wise, especially the wine and chocolate, lol. TALU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the gray hair comes wisdom! LOL.

      Thanks for coming over today!

      Delete
  6. LOL'd on lowering the tatas. I told my husband if there was one thing I could fix, I don't want them bigger, just put them back where they belong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...sometimes, it's all about ALTITUDE! :-)

      Delete
  7. funny and SO true! (talu)

    ReplyDelete
  8. According to your calculations, my IQ is 75, my tatas look like straws, I need to (but can't) sleep all day, my bladder is 2 years past dead, and I'm broke. Amazing how accurate this is!! :) TALU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me LOL this morning! Thanks! According to these calculations, I'm very worried about Michelle Duggar and other Moms of her ilk. Maybe we should send care packages full of chocolate, wine, and Depends.

      Thanks for visiting me today!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit me! I truly appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts