I'm going to give you ten super-duper-secret tips for living. I'm making this crap up as I go along, so be sure to take notes in case any of it turns out to be brilliant.
- You need three friends: one who can be trusted with secrets, one who is fun and easy to hang out with and one who has the ovaries to slap you upside the head when you need it. If you can find all that in one awesome friend, your life is golden.
- You're never old enough to give up on presenting your best self. Burn those ugly, holey yoga pants and your nasty flip-flops. You are worth the little extra effort it takes to look as adorable as you ARE.
- Strive for balance: keep all things in their proper perspective and at the right level of priority.
- Straight from Grandma: Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.
- A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- A day without learning is a day wasted.
- Whatever you choose to do, do it wholly and with full presence. Doing things absentmindedly means missing out on the experience. It probably also means doing it wrong, or at least poorly.
- Get shed of what weighs you down. Distance yourself from "friends" who are a bottomless well of needy drama, get rid of clutter, minimize debt, clean out your closet, face your fears, quit smoking and open up your mind.
- Learn the difference between what you can (and should) change, and what you only wish you could change. Teach yourself to think differently about the things you can't change.
- Stop reading stupid, made-up lists about how to improve your life. It's your life. Put on your big girl panties, get out there and live it.