You have to admit it's a strange way to face the world. What is she thinking? What does she see when she looks in the mirror? I have a great many more questions about this (up to and including whether or not this is evidence of insanity) but it also makes me consider what other people might see in me that makes them wonder.
- What do people think when they see me driving down the road singing? If they know me, they're thinking, "Thank God I can't hear her singing." What about the ones who don't know me? For that matter, I'll even ask the people who do know me: do I look crazy, singing "Crazy" to myself? Now that they've invented hands-free communication devices, I hope people just think I'm on the phone. But I doubt it.
- People who read this blog might remember my confession about a perfectly stupid fear of mine, which I really hate to even admit. But if you know me, and you know what I confessed to, does it make you think I'm a little wacko?
- I like skirts and dresses. That isn't TOO crazy, since I am a woman, after all. I truly prefer them to jeans. I blame it on my strict upbringing, but that's an excuse. I simply prefer a dress. I guess I could say I think my legs are better than my ass, but I'm not sure about that. People ask me all the time what I'm dressed up for. It sounds a bit crazy when I say, "comfort".
- My relationship with my dog is a little puzzling. We still struggle somewhat for the title "dominant female". She is not alllowed in the house (and I don't want to hear your lectures about it, either. My reasons are very valid, and you probably wouldn't let her in your house, either.) but she is still an integral member of our family. I love her, but I'm not sure I like her. Is that a little crazy?
- I think it is absolutely disgusting to mix your corn in with your mashed potatoes and gravy. I don't mind soup or stew or Chinese food, and all of those mix vegetables up with other things. But the corn stays out of the spuds. Period. And honestly, I am NOT a picky eater. It must be the texture.
- I salt my toast. I can't even explain that.
- My children are the greatest. I love them beyond reason. I think they are cool and handsome and all things good. But I don't especially like your children. There are a few exceptions to this, but very few. How can I have such boundless love for my kids and so little patience for yours?