- Regret is a heavy burden. Do all you can now so that you won't have to shoulder that load later.
- It is possible to vomit more than you have eaten.
- Life is not fair.
- Happiness is a choice, not a condition.
- Everybody thinks they are the only normal one in their family. I know I am. My sister thinks she is. One may be, but everyone can not be, right about that.
- I am not as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
- The weight I was so scared of when I was 20? It's keeping me warm at 45.
- Nobody notices when I don't sweep. Unless I don't sweep for a long time. A really long time.
- Nobody notices if I don't wear foundation, but EVERYBODY notices if I skip mascara.
- The things people do that drive you crazy now are the same things you'll miss about them when they are gone.
- Live the moment. Make plans, set your goals, anticipate the future, but live NOW.
- Don't bother trying to keep up with the Joneses. They're about to get a divorce, anyway.
- God is not restricted to church on Sunday.
- There are lots of kinds of strengths. One of the strongest people I know has trouble opening the fridge.
- I am blessed. Truly blessed. Thank you, Lord, for all the many blessings I enjoy every day.
What I Know
I am not the smartest person in the world. I'm not even the smartest person I know. I do not know all the state capitals, I doubt I could name all the presidents (I could come close, though) and I never made it through algebra. Still, I've learned some very valuable things in my 45 years on this revolving rock. Just thought I'd share:
I thought I'd run a little series on this topic, so let me start with a disclaimer: there is no order of importance here. I'm actual...
To quote a friend, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I've been given an award! The Sarcasm Goddess has bestowed upon me the V...
Yesterday, a dear friend said that she wanted to be just like me when she grows up. I, on the other hand, find myself striving to be more l...
OK, so I went a little bonkers in the garden and am sure I overplanted it. If half of what I planted actually grows, it will be a jungle out...