What I Know

I am not the smartest person in the world.  I'm not even the smartest person I know.  I do not know all the state capitals, I doubt I could name all the presidents (I could come close, though) and I never made it through algebra.  Still, I've learned some very valuable things in my 45 years on this revolving rock.  Just thought I'd share:
  • Regret is a heavy burden.  Do all you can now so that you won't have to shoulder that load later.
  • It is possible to vomit more than you have eaten.
  • Life is not fair.
  • Happiness is a choice, not a condition.
  • Everybody thinks they are the only normal one in their family.  I know I am.  My sister thinks she is.  One may be, but everyone can not be, right about that. 
  • I am not as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
  • The weight I was so scared of when I was 20?  It's keeping me warm at 45.
  • Nobody notices when I don't sweep.  Unless I don't sweep for a long time.  A really long time.
  • Nobody notices if I don't wear foundation, but EVERYBODY notices if I skip mascara.
  • The things people do that drive you crazy now are the same things you'll miss about them when they are gone.
  • Live the moment.  Make plans, set your goals, anticipate the future, but live NOW.
  • Don't bother trying to keep up with the Joneses.  They're about to get a divorce, anyway.
  • God is not restricted to church on Sunday. 
  • There are lots of kinds of strengths.  One of the strongest people I know has trouble opening the fridge.
  • I am blessed.  Truly blessed.  Thank you, Lord, for all the many blessings I enjoy every day. 

Comments

Popular Posts