- Regret is a heavy burden. Do all you can now so that you won't have to shoulder that load later.
- It is possible to vomit more than you have eaten.
- Life is not fair.
- Happiness is a choice, not a condition.
- Everybody thinks they are the only normal one in their family. I know I am. My sister thinks she is. One may be, but everyone can not be, right about that.
- I am not as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
- The weight I was so scared of when I was 20? It's keeping me warm at 45.
- Nobody notices when I don't sweep. Unless I don't sweep for a long time. A really long time.
- Nobody notices if I don't wear foundation, but EVERYBODY notices if I skip mascara.
- The things people do that drive you crazy now are the same things you'll miss about them when they are gone.
- Live the moment. Make plans, set your goals, anticipate the future, but live NOW.
- Don't bother trying to keep up with the Joneses. They're about to get a divorce, anyway.
- God is not restricted to church on Sunday.
- There are lots of kinds of strengths. One of the strongest people I know has trouble opening the fridge.
- I am blessed. Truly blessed. Thank you, Lord, for all the many blessings I enjoy every day.
What I Know
I am not the smartest person in the world. I'm not even the smartest person I know. I do not know all the state capitals, I doubt I could name all the presidents (I could come close, though) and I never made it through algebra. Still, I've learned some very valuable things in my 45 years on this revolving rock. Just thought I'd share:
Oh, Alita! What can I say? We've known eachother for so many years! Alita and I became acquainted first because our husbands worked to...
To quote a friend, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I've been given an award! The Sarcasm Goddess has bestowed upon me the V...
I've been struggling to frame my thoughts on this subject for the last several days. As so often happens, tragedies around me put me int...
Yesterday, a dear friend said that she wanted to be just like me when she grows up. I, on the other hand, find myself striving to be more l...