A Hausfrau's Kitchen - Do As I Say And Not As I Do

Well, I did it again.

Even though I preach about menu planning, I looked down at my plate the other night and discovered I had made another dinner that tasted good, but failed the "approved menu" list.

I found two recipes online that I tried, and loved! First, Skinny Cauliflower Tots from gimmedelicious.com except I didn't shape mine into tots. I just rolled them into little balls and flattened them like a crab cake. Still, they were amazeballs.


Also, while browsing Pinterest, I saw these:

And they were fabulous, too.
Last, we grilled elk tenderloin steaks. Something like this, but elk and not beef:



Do you see what I did wrong?

Just so you know, please do check out the Cauliflower Tots recipe and the many accordion potatoes recipes. I am definitely adding both to my repertoire.

Next time, I'll try to remember to take pictures of my delicious failures. Once I started on the Hot To Trot, pictures seemed less important.


Comments

Popular Posts