Me

It took a lot of courage for me to post a recent picture of myself on my profile. Why? I don't know the answer to that. I dislike having my picture taken. As in despise, hate and detest. Why? I don't know that either. I'm quite comfortable in my own skin, and yet I dislike pictures of myself. I resist having a picture of me shown anywhere. Posting that profile photo made me feel BRAVE, and a little ridiculous.

Maybe it's the desire to get on a soapbox and yet be non-confrontational. You can do that so much more easily if you are anonymous. LOL. (Can anybody tell me the origin of the phrase, "get on your soapbox"? I'm curious where that came from.)

But there I am. Gray eyes, fair skin and fine hair. My oily skin has kept the wrinkles at bay pretty well, and the occasional ZIT contributes to an illusion of youth. And then you see my elbows and my age is quite apparent.

I'm a girly girl who like dresses and stilettos, and yet I can pluck a chicken and I can shoot straight.
I'm a country girl who likes the symphony and Hank Williams, too. I'm opinionated and judgemental, but patient. I can be tolerant past the point of reason, and I can be jump to a conclusion like a gold medalist. I love my children with all of my being, but I might not be that crazy about your kids. I want to have my novels published by a traditional press, but I don't want to ever speak in public. I strive for wisdom and compassion, and consistently find myself falling short on both counts. So I keep trying.

Me.

Comments

Popular Posts