10 Things That Made Me Smile Today

In no particular order of importance...
  1. The way my sweet dog holds the tennis ball with just his front teeth, so it looks like a lime green bubble, and the cute expression on his hopeful face.
  2. The way Sweet Hubs' dog wags just the tip of her tail, rattlesnake-fashion, to greet us in the morning.
  3. Smooshing a slug that was eating one of my zucchinis. Little creepy creeps!!!
  4. A nearly perfect lunch: a thick slice of homemade sourdough bread, with some unfiltered, cold-pressed organic olive oil to dip it in, one beautifully ripe tomato, a few slices of cheese and a handful of each roasted pecans and olives. Only thing missing was a glass of wine, but this is a work day.
  5. The pure and simple pleasure of a beautiful loaf of sourdough that I made, because it represents how much I am learning!
  6. The nitrogen smell of a rainy morning.
  7. The morning goodbye hug, when I can press my face against his chest and just breathe him in before we part for the day.
  8. A message from my dear friend. Always a joy to hear her voice, especially when she is telling me something that makes her laugh.
  9. Picking tomatoes, beans, squash and cucumbers.
  10. Waking up on the green side of the grass.

Comments

Popular Posts