What I See -- Michelle

Cheers, St Happy Tummy!
Drum roll, please..... get ready folks, because here she is: my own personal patron Saint of Happy Tummies! Yes, you have seen my dear friend Michelle mentioned in this space before, several times. She is the one I want to be when I grow up, which will be a challenge, since I'm old enough to be her, uh, older sister.

That light shining behind her might actually be her halo, because she basically saved my life. At least, she saved my guts. But enough about that.

I have learned so many things from Michelle over the years, it is mind boggling. She is an amazing combination of beautiful, humble, intelligent, naive, girly and fearless. Would you believe that the stunning lady you see in that picture actually read up on the benefits of adding the elk's tongue to the ground meat, cut that out HERSELF and tried it? Fearless, I tell you.

Michelle deep-dives into topics that interest her and learns so much. But she is, blessedly, not susceptible to the mental bunny holes that derail me so often. When I need a friend to bring my brain back up to the light of day, Michelle is my go to.

I love her sense of adventure and her ability to relax and enjoy at the end of the adventure. And I love her steadfastness Of all the people I know, Michelle has the most consistently faithful and committed heart. It is a strength and a weakness. What a joy that her husband is a precious and honorable man who protects that faithful heart. I could not be more happy that they found each other!

There is a paper-thin line between tenderhearted and overly emotional. Michelle has a laser ability to be the support in a bad time and still knows when to say, "suck it up, Buttercup." She is not the woman who falls to pieces over a minor shock. She is also not the woman who can see one her amazing sons off to school on the other side of the country without a great many tears and some serious chocolate and wine therapy. She knows when something really is worth crying or worrying about. What an amazing talent!

If I had met this remarkable woman in my 20s, I would have been too intimidated by her to think she would be my friend. Well, aside from the fact that when I was in my 20s, she was still in elementary school. But let's not quibble of timelines. The simple truth is, I had to grow more comfortable and confident in my self before I could stop being afraid of gorgeous people and be wise enough to look beyond the pretty package into an even lovelier soul. I thank heaven every day that I finally got the chance to really SEE this exceptional human being, and that she honors me by calling me "friend".


Comments

Popular Posts