Small Life, Small Stress, Small Wonder

I sit here drinking sweet, creamy coffee and enjoying the falling rain (which we so desperately need). You may have seen news reports about the fires in Montana. I think the state has suffered more acres of fire than it has since the Great Burn in 1910. While we haven't had any fires very near our house, we have of course been on high alert and have been thoroughly smoked. The rain is a relief and a blessing.

We have enjoyed a summer of hot days in the lake, plentiful eating from our garden and some amazing quality time with dear, dear friends. Now it's time for fall fishing, dinners outside by the fire and long talks in the hot tub.

What can be better for your health than near-zero stress, plenty of activity, good, fresh food, two good dogs and few worries. We are both working at jobs we like, with options available for growth in other arenas.

And yet I feel like I am not doing as much as I could, should...would. I intended to cook more with Holly. I intended to hike with Michelle. I have a book that wants to come out. Practice my guitar until I don't struggle so much with playing an F chord. My garden needs weeding, and I didn't get around to planting much of a fall crop. Oh, I also intended to get more blogging in. LOL.

I started a second job recently. Back to the world of insurance. What was I thinking? :-) Switching gears gets more difficult as you age, you know. I answer the phone and have to really think about what to say. Where am I?

We entertained some new friends a few days ago, and I hear of all the cool things they're doing (they're retired) and I don't even make a picture of that kind of free time. Maybe someday. My days are full and my life is full. They're full of good, fun things, full of a strong loving relationship, full of warm thoughts of beloved friends and family, even when I haven't talked to them in a long while.

The largest stress in my life these days is a constant concern that my loved ones know how deeply I care for them. So to you, my dearest ones, I send all my love and warm thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts