Basmati Rice -- Where Have You Been?

I picked up a bag of (what I thought was going to be) an ordinary white rice, non GMO and sustainably grown.

Seems simple, yes?

SO wrong! This was, hands down, the most fragrant and flavorful rice I have ever tasted. I didn't do anything special to it, just made it the way I've been cooking rice since Moby Dick was a minnow.

I knew I was in for something special the moment it started to toast in the skillet, and it did not disappoint when I plopped a fluffy scoop onto my plate. Basmati is my favorite variety of rice anyway, but this was the best example of that delicious food.

OK, so these fine farmers who grow this heavenly food have never heard of me. I'm sure they don't care one little bit that they have ruined me for any other kind of rice. I bought it at the Yoke's Supermarket in Ponderay, Idaho, but you can also find it at Amazon in organic and non-organic varieties. If you like rice, I encourage you to run right out and get some of this. Naturally, the links I posted are for the stock-up size order, since I'm a stocking up kind of girl.


Comments

Popular Posts