Tragedy Averted

I was making Oatmeal Molasses bread....kind of like the bread they serve at Stuart Anderson's Black Angus.

My beloved, trusted friend, my Kitchenaid Classic, was working along beautifully, just like she's done for the last 25 years. POP!!! A big noise, and the mixer no longer has a slow speed.

Tears filled my eyes.

I kneaded the dough the rest of the way on the counter, sniffing the whole time.

Sweet Hubs came inside and I told him what had happened. A little while later, he grabs a screwdriver to take a look inside my dear Kitchenaid.

And he FIXED it!!! He said something complicated about a nut and an armature or something. I don't know. All I know is, he FIXED it!

God, how I love that man.


Comments

  1. Awww girl I got goosebumps. Some might think I'm silly for expressing that. But I have a Kitchen-Aid of my own and believe me I understand. I LOVE that thing. I bought it about 5 years ago as a Mother's Day present to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was life before Kitchenaid, right? I'm so glad you felt my pain.... and my joy and hero-worship when Sweet Hubs fixed it! :D

      If Kitchenaid made cars, I'd be first in line!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit me! I truly appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts